Light a Fire Under Your Energy Program
Across the United States, there are literally thousands of energy advisors, brokers and consultants chasing commercial and industrial energy consumers for their business. The choice is abundant and with each having a compelling story to tell, it can be hard to identify true commercial energy experts. In the spirit of openness, yes, I want to work with you too, but regardless of who you decide to work with, there are a few things that energy professionals should check that their advisor or broker is qualified to do.
- If you have facilities in multiple states that allow direct access to supplier competition is your energy advisor licensed and bonded with the public utility commission in each state (PUC)?
- Do they provide a secure energy management portal with user-defined permissions for you and your stakeholders?
- If you are overwhelmed with utility data, how will your advisor collect, validate, process and make available metrics in the format or frequency you desire?
- If you are purchasing high volumes of energy, what tools will your advisor provide you to value the commodity risk and navigate the energy markets freely?
- What visibility do you have to wholesale market pricing – is it readily available and transparent?
- Can you instantly access an updated library of your Master Service Agreements and Supplier Contracts and renewal reminders?
- Is your advisor experienced in opening and closing utility accounts, are they willing to investigate and resolve billing exceptions on your behalf?
- Do they have expertise in regulated utility rate and tariff savings – if so, will they check with your utility provider or conduct their own forensic analysis?
- Will they provide account level, weather normalized budgets and update them for free whenever required?
- Can you quickly analyze your sites to find cost and use outliers?
- Do they have coverage outside the United States?
- Do they offer Utility Bill Management programs?
- Will they be able to support a full CSR/ESG reporting requirement with independent verification and CDP accreditation?
This is just a small sample of the questions you should be asking when you select commercial energy experts to make sure high value is delivered to your energy program. If you want to know what to watch for in advisor agreements, we have provided a detailed list of things to be mindful of to help protect your company here.
Finally, as a data-driven organization, everything we deliver and develop has financial-grade accuracy and customer experience in mind not to mention value, in fact, we back our agreements with a guaranteed return on investment (ROI) of 300% – Is your advisor as confident in their performance?